Publications with an * are available in PDF format upon request.
Please use the “Contact Us” form and include the title and year of the publication you are requesting.
- Climate change increases reproductive failure in Magellanic penguins. PLOS One, 2014.
- Pollution, habitat loss, fishing, and climate change as critical threats to penguins. Conservation Biology 2014. *
- Penguins as marine sentinels. BioScience. 2008. *
- Conservation of migratory Magellanic penguins requires marine zoning. Biological Conservation. 2014. *
- Pollution, habitat loss, fishing, and climate change as a critical threats to penguins. Conservation Biology 2014. *
- Beach attendance in Magellanic penguins Spheniscus magellanicus. Ardeola. 2013. *
- Penguins and petroleum: lessons in Conservation Ecology. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment. May, 2012. *
- Research priorities for seabirds: improving conservation and management in the 21st century. Endangered Species Research. 2012.
- Marine reserve in Chile would benefit penguins and ecotourism. Ocean and Coastal Management. 2009.
- Chronic oil pollution harms Magellanic penguins in the Southwest Atlantic. Marine Pollution Bulletin. 2006. *
- Living laboratory in peril. Science. May, 2005. *
- Los pingüinos de las costas Argentinas: estado poblacional y conservación. Hernero. 2005. *
Biology and Physiology:
- Parental behavior controls incubation period and asynchrony of hatching in Magellanic penguins. The Condor 2011. *
- Flipper bands do not affect foraging-trip duration of Magellanic penguins. Journal of Field Ornithology 2009. *
- Foraging distance affects reproductive success in Magellanic penguins. Marine Ecology Progress Series 2009
- Intraclutch egg-size dimorphism in Magellanic penguins (Spheniscus Magellanicus): adaptation, constraint, or noise? The Auk 2009. *
- Following the fish: penguins and productivity in the South Atlantic. Ecological Monographs 2009. *
- Magellanic penguin eggshell pores: does number matter? British Ornithologists’ Union 2009. *
- Habituation of adult Magellanic penguins to human visitation as expressed through behavior and corticosterone secretion. Conservation Biology 2006. *
- Age and food deprivation affects expression of glucocorticosteriod stress response in Magellanic penguin (Spheniscus Magellanicus). Chicks Physiological and Biochemical Zoology 2005. *
- Intraclutch egg-size variation in Magellanic penguins. The Condor 2005. *
- Physiological condition in Magellanic penguins: does it matter if you have to walk a long way to your nest? The Condor 2004. *
- Why penguin eggshells are thick. The Auk 2004. *
Population and Distribution:
- Winter migration of Magellanic penguins (Spheniscus magellanicus) along Southeastern Pacific. Waterbirds 2014. *
- Occurrence of Magellenic penguins along the Brazilian Northeast coast during the 2008 austral winter. The Scientific World Journal 2012. *
- Humboldt penguins (Spheniscus Humboldti) in the Northern Hemisphere. The Wilson Journal of Ornithology 2007. *
- Regional genetic structure in the Magellanic penguin (Spheniscus magellanicus) suggests metapopulation dynamics. The Auk 2009. *
Endocrinology and Disease:
- Avian pox in Magellanic penguins (Spheniscus magellanicus). Journal of Wildlife Disease 2012. *
- Field endocrinology and conservation biology. Integrative and Comparative Biology 2005. *
- Southern elephant seal (Mirounga leonina) kills Magellanic penguins (Spheniscus magellanicus) on land. Marine Mammal Science 2006. *
- Agonistic interaction in wild male Magellanic penguins: when and how do they interact? Journal of Ethology 2006. *
- Diving behavior of Magellanic penguins (Spheniscus magellanicus) at Punta Tombo. Canadian Journal of Zoology 2003. *
- The global contribution of forage fish to marine fisheries and ecosystems. Fish and Fisheries 2012. *
- Marine birds and harmful algal blooms: sporadic victims or under-reported events? Harmful Algae 2003. *